Coming to God
First of all, it may surprise you to hear that this is not about being religious. The two main concerns
Who You Are
God created you to be with him forever and loves you desperately - 2 Peter 3:9
But there is a problem. You are separated from God because he is holy and you are not; God has laws that you have broken. You have offended God by doing, saying and thinking wrong things - In other words, you have sinned - Romans 3:23
There is a price for your disobedience that must be paid. The Bible says, "the wages of sin is death" - Romans 6:23
What Jesus did
The Son of God (Jesus) came to earth as a man:
- — to die on the cross as your substitute
- — to suffer the consequence for your wrong doing in order to satisfy the justice of God - Romans 5:8, 1 Corinthians 15:3, Hebrews 9:22
- — to give you, in place of your sin (badness), his own righteousness (goodness) - 2 Corinthians 5:21
What this means in the simplest possible terms is: Jesus (who is innocent) took your guilt, so that you (who are guilty) could be declared innocent!
Jesus paid the penalty for your sin and that payment will become effective when you agree with the Bible's statements about your need and God's solution to it, (the cross of Christ) and simply decide to accept that solution. God confirmed his approval of this plan to get you to heaven by bringing Jesus back to life; an act that we celebrate every Resurrection Sunday (Easter)! - 1 Corinthians 15:4
Now it's up to you. If you would like to accept the plan of God to get you to heaven - DO THESE THINGS !
Trust what Jesus did for you.
God (the judge) stands ready to declare you not guilty the moment you are willing to trust the work of Jesus on your behalf! - John 1:12, 3:16, Acts 16:3, Romans 3:22
— Carefully read the statements above again, and be sure to read the Bible references (you need faith and faith comes by hearing God's Word - Romans 10:17).
— Speak to God. He WILL listen.
- a. Let him know that you believe his Word is true (that you have sinned, that Jesus died for that sin and is now alive)
- b. Let God know that you are repenting for everything in your life that has displeased him
- c. Tell him you are accepting his offer of forgiveness by trusting what Jesus did on your behalf (and don't forget to thank him!)
- d. Begin immediately telling others that you have trusted Jesus as your Savior (Romans 10:9-10). He has promised that he will acknowledge you in heaven if you acknowledge him on earth - Matthew 10:32.
The above facts are amazing but absolutely true. This is not the Gospel according to New Hope Bible Church, it is the Gospel according to God's Word; the good news of the Gospel; the reason Jesus died, was buried and was resurrected.
As stated above, this is not about religion because religion is man's effort to reach God. This is all God's doing! True biblical Christianity is God's effort to reach man. Think about it; anybody can come up with a way to get good people to heaven. But, only God could come up with a way to get bad people (folks like me and you) there. Our own flawed efforts are doomed to failure (Isaiah 64:6, Matthew 5:20), but Jesus' finished work on our behalf is absolutely perfect - Ephesians 2:8-9 .
Would God really do something like this for someone like you? Yes, that's why Christians sing Amazing Grace... "I once was lost, but now I'm found." God is good, and his goodness to you should cause you to repent (agree with God about wrong things you have done or been involved in, and turn from them) - Luke 13:3b, Romans 2:4 .
This is what you were made for.Are you ready to put your confidence in him? If so, then just tell him. He's waiting to hear from you.
If you have decided to trust Jesus, or if we can help you in any way please contact us.